Exceptional Social & Search Optimization Articles & Breaking News.
- Penguin 2.0 rolled out today, from Matt Cutts.
- Google's Link Disavow Tool Gets An Update
- Google’s Matt Cutts On SEO Industry Misconceptions
- Social Media Optimization (SMO) for SEO. The Future of Search.
- What is Google Plus? A Complete User Guide (Video Blog)
- Google+ Profile PageRank: The Real AuthorRank? Mark Traphagen.
- Changes in Rankings of Smartphone Search Results
- Which should I use, rel=author or rel=publisher ?
- Google Apps For Business, by Martin Shervington.
- What is Google Semantic Search? Hangout with David Amerland.
- Does using stock photos have a negative effect on rankings?
- Google Changes Advice, Says Build Quality Sites Not Links
- Will the Webmaster Tools API be updated to add additional data?
- 'Multi-Week' Google Update Happening Now, Says Cutts
- How to Use Google+ to Expand Your Business Influence
- New Google Consumer Survey, See Satisfaction With Your Site
- MozCast Shows Huge Google Update But SEOs Don't Agree
- Search Marketing Day In Slides, Dan Petrovic, Dejan SEO
- If I write about another article, where should I link to original source?
- A Eulogy For AltaVista, The Google Of Its Time, Danny Sullivan.
- 5 Methods to Put the Guest Back into Guest Blogging.
- How Not To Use Google Plus, Mike Allton.
- PageRank Toolbar Update for June, 2013...
- How To Measure and Increase Profile, Authority Rank (coming HOA).
- The First Annual (Virtual) Bloggers Conference (July Event)
- How to Completely Ruin, or Save Your Site with Redirects [Late addition]
- The Evolution of Search, Danny Sullivan. [Late addition]
- Tips and Suggestions for Video Optimization, with Ronnie Bincer. [Late add]
This is what I consider to be some of the most significant, informative, or interesting posts and articles for this last month of June, 2013. Things are really happening fast in both the search algorithm and social media worlds, so it can be difficult even for myself to keep up with all that's going on. We've talked a lot about separating the quality content from the noise and it's no different in the SEO & SMO community.
- First there's important voices from Google, and other platforms, Matt Cutts & others.
- Then there's the well known quality SEO & SMO writers & analysts.
- And, there's less broadcast, less heard of, up & coming analyst's exceptional insights.
For the few of us who are reading this stuff daily though, it can be time consuming to get to all the original sources and pick out what's actually new, changing, or different. So I've decided that the best and most timely content that I find, I would like to outline it for everyone here in a fairly concise summary, rather than breaking it down all over again into a bunch more little blog articles.
I realize I may have missed plenty of good articles and content, frankly I was getting late putting this out and decided I had to draw it to a close somewhere. Be sure to put in the comments below anything important you think I may have missed, or any special sites and content, I may be able to feature in my next summary. Thanks.
1. Penguin 2.0 rolled out today.
We started rolling out the next generation of the Penguin webspam algorithm this afternoon (May 22, 2013), and the rollout is now complete. About 2.3% of English-US queries are affected to the degree that a regular user might notice.Matt goes on to say, "for more information on what SEOs should expect in the coming months, see our recent..." What should we expect in the next few months in terms of SEO for Google?